Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Week 2 of Rehearsals..

I've been sort of aloof on blogging, but not really that much has come up as interesting stories to tell anyhow. I'm chugging along here at rehearsals. We have 4 shows to learn and we almost completed one. We did our Broadway review first and the problem I guess is that international copyrights are busting cruise liners for their Broadway content. So, we had to cut and paste a safe version of ours and an opener is still not finished for it. We have everything but the opener. Now we're working on another cheesy little review about a hat shop owner and a mannequin that comes to life. The lead female is the owner and the lead male is the mannequin. Sound familiar? Whenever I think about the show I keep thinking about Estelle Getty and the song "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now." Lol. Anyway, it's my most taxing show. I hardly sing in it and dance all the stuff with the dancers. I mean everything. I'm literally the third boy they wanted to cast as a dancer and never got (they only cast 2 dancer boys to 4 dancer girls) for this show. I have to not only sing the little amount I have, but dance all styles like Fosse, athletic leaping ballet, tap, hip hop, and theatrical dance. Oy!! I'm exhausted from the ballet portion we learned yesterday which goes to the Russian Theme in the Nutcracker Suite. The cast is great though and here they are:

So last night was kind of interesting. Our company, Stiletto Entertainment, is a manager of the record label Arista Records. They sign entertainment such as Barry Manilow. Well actually Barry created the company. They also have Kimberly Locke and Justin Guarini from American Idol fame. Besides all the props, feathers, and costumes hanging in the rafters at the studios for rehearsals and sending out to the ships, there are shelves of paraphernalia for these people (CDs, T-shirts, postcards, DVDs, etc). Once and a while, one of them even pops in for a visit. The company threw the employees a Mexican dinner and margarita night last night. It was fabulous and even though I was rehearsing I still managed to fit in 2 margaritas. I was a little lit for some of rehearsal afterwards, but quickly sweat it all out during the Fosse section of our show. Oy! All the casts were there socializing, drinking, and eating great Mexican food. Yum! Even the production teams of the various departments and representatives of the clientele were there socializing. Who should be roaming around in the midst of all this hub-ub? No, not the infamous Barry, but Justin Guarini. Yes! Justin Guarini and he's tall. He must be over 6 feet. Wow! He was the little celeb of the evening. I missed getting a picture with him, but 2 of the girls from our cast did. It was hilarious. It was definitely an evening of food and fun. My body aches from all the dancing, but it was definitely a fun evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you saw Justin Guarini! That is HI-larious!

I miss you so much!

Check out my latest blog--it may be funnier than the last one. :)

Love you!
Toffifay

http://360.yahoo.com/song_stars

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home