Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Monday, February 13, 2006

Beauty School Dropout...

Well my blonde tips starting fading out and it was time to get a haircut which would cut them off completely. Since receiving so many compliments on the new look, I decided to re-do them and do it cheaply by doing it myself. After all when I got it done on the ship it looked like a simple process of putting the cap on, pulling strands of hair through the little holes, and them caking on the product. A flawless process that doesn't allow room for much error. Or so I thought. So, I go to the store and buy the Loreal kit for $14.00 which is about what it cost on the ship with my discounts and connections. In NYC a cut and color of that nature would run me easily about $75.00. Ching ching!! A savings!! Thanks Phil for instilling the bargain hunter in me. So, I go home with my kit and read all instructions. I've never done anything like this before so this was going to be interesting. To save any embarrassing comments, I did it when no one was around. So, I put the cap on and notice it didn't really suck to my head like the rubber one on the ship did AND this was made of plastic. No bother, it still had the holes and the instruument to pull the hair through. I soon discovered that pulling the hair through was not as easy as it seemed. Sometimes the hair didn't want to go through or I pulled strands in one hole that were already sticking out of another hole. Well, I got all the hair out and thought I was ready to cake on the chemicals. They came in 3 parts. A dry powder, liquid toner, and then the gelling/coloring agent. I opened the powder and the room was suddenly filled with fine dust particles of what was in the bag. I had to leave the room since I was breathing them in and had to wait 'til they settled. Oy!! Then I mixed all the pieces together and started caking them on top. What I soon realized was that plastic repels the gel more so than rubber did. It was dripping off on my skin and onto the floor. Yikes! Once I solved that problem and was ables to get the chemical where I needed it, I sat around for about 40 minutes and waited. Afterwards I washed it all off and got the result. Whoa!!! Really blonde!! It was expected after what I experienced in the salon, but I knew a haircut was going to happen so a lot of those long strands of blonde would be cut off leaving me with the blonde tips. What I didn't realize until after the haircut was that some of the chemical bled through the holes all the way to the root in some areas. Whoops. So, now it's a tad splotchy. Someone did offer to help me fix it though so I hope that works out. Never again on my own though. 'Twas a learning experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home