Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Poking Fun

One should never blog late in the evening or from when I'm writing so early in the morning, but something just caught my eye. In this reflection and alone time I have there's a lot of time to catch up and do some things I didn't get to do before because of time constraints or accessibility. This includes catching up on old e-mails, writing journal entries, and reading through friends' blogs to catch up on their lives. Some blogs are so extensive and intelligent they belittle mine. I just say what I feel most of the time. I use it as a vehicle to keep those interested in what's happening on my end, and I make entries as experiences affect me. It may be fluff (as I've discovered reading through mine compared to others), but it is what it is and I like it. When I'm used as a negative example for relationships, that kind of strikes a chord and I feel I need to say something.

Yes, it takes me time to get to know people and yes I've dated often sometimes. In my definition of dating more than 2 encounters with someone with the agreed potential for more is dating. If you're dating long enough without seeing someone else, I consider that a relationship. If I find someone I like with genuine interest, I'm not going to go off and date someone else. That's just me, and call me old fashioned. Yes and after a week I may discover I don't have those feelings anymore for that person. That's what dating is for. It's to find out about each other. Some people might see me as having a "fast" approach to dating, but those are people who don't really know me. My long term relationships began with a friendship first. It wasn't until many weeks or months later did we decide to "date." My close friends are the only ones who even know I had interest so the "date" part was just a formal way of acknowledging it once it was out in the open. In one instance it was a whole year of friendship before, and it wasn't until the month before I discovered I liked him that way. It's the thrill of discovering you're interested in each other in a romantic way that makes it worth it for me. There's no wondering on the first date. By the time a date happens, you already know you're interested in each other. It's so much more rewarding I find than meeting a stranger on a date. You have to fit all that time of getting to know each other in a short time and then sometimes you end it not really knowing the person. I've tried to actually date strangers like most people do (they're all strangers even if they're friends of someone else, you may not know them) and it either ends up very shallow or just ends, and it usually ends quickly. I'm not claiming that every relationship I get into is marriage-like. Only one person so far can claim that. I just find it fulfilling that 2 people can be with each other, express love, and be happy. We may discover over time that things aren't right and decide to end it. It's part of life and discovery. If you never explore that happiness to see where it can take you or approach it with a skeptical eye, you'll be lonely for a good part of your life. Each one of my relationships I've learned from and wouldn't change a thing. I'm a romantic and sap when it comes down to it and cherish my family, close friends, and that special someone that brings me happiness. So to the skeptic who decided to poke fun at the way I've fallen in and out of love over the years, just remember you too fell hard and fast in love that same way many eons ago before I discovered my mutual attraction to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home