Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Father Time Waves His Wand...

'Tis the season to spend time with family. I was able to once again make it to Ohio for the Christmas season where the bulk of my family is located. In all senses of the word, I have family spread all over the United States, but my bloodline falls in Ohio and Arizona. It was great to see them again and to hear the stories of what happened throughout the year. Or since I last saw them in March.
Family Time at Christmas
It's also a way to check into reality and see how the years are passing. I notice subtle changes in my elders as the years go on, but they will always be older than me. No offense moms, dads, grandmas, aunts, and uncles. Where the reality really hits home is in the other siblings. Children I once knew as babies who are now driving cars, going to college, moving out on their own, and some even married with kids. Who knew I would finally be able to say to someone: "I knew you when you were in diapers" and your staring at them at the ripe ole age of 20!!! I don't have kids of my own and maybe someday I will, but with my great cousins, my step nieces and nephews, a girl my grandma sat for, and other kids younger than myself I grew up with, I feel like I've had kids of my own already. Boy how the years pass. Which is why I travel. I was watching Peter Pan the other day and I think I have Neverland syndrome (as I think some of us do) and that is to never grow up. Yes, I've matured in many ways, but the kid inside me still wants to live life to its fullest and have fun. There'll be a time when I settle and that may be coming soon, but right now I have to go on my adventures. The next generation is moving in and I want to be a role model in a way I can say to them you can achieve anything you put your mind to.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays. May the new year bring you prosper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home