Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Monday, October 31, 2005

Jamaica Mon..

Thanks to hurricane Beta we got rerouted to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Jamaica mon! It was a good re-route. We got off early in the morning and went to Dunn’s River Falls. A place where you can climb the raging waters of the falls. It was a pretty neat experience. I did this 5 years ago on the repositioning cruise when the ship went from the Caribbean to Alaska. Now it was a re-route from a hurricane. An unexpected and pleasant stop. After the falls, we went to a place called Margarittaville. They have all sorts of tributes to Bob Marley (a famous Jamaican musician) and Jimmy Buffet. I had some fabulous conch fritters a la Jamaican style and some jerk chicken. We all had a blast. My singing partner is leaving this cruise, so we’re all sad to see her go. She’ll be heading into rehearsals for the ms. Noordam that leaves Venice, Italy in January 2006. It’s a brand new ship. Well, I’m going to soak up this sun whilst I can since I hear it’s so frigid in the northeast right now. Be sure to check out the pics I posted for “Fun in the Sun.” They’re pictures from the ziplining adventure and the Puerto Vallarta day. All fun in the sun. I have a fabulous tan going on. I hope it sticks with me until I get to NYC in December.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Dunn's Falls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home