Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Electricity..

I must say that we rely a lot on what comes out of those little holes in the wall for daily living (electricity) and the advancement of the modern CPU. Right now I'm going through a little trauma. Back in 1960 or even 1970 this wouldn't have been such drama because all my organized documents would be in a shoe box or a filing cabinet. I do still follow that old system when I'm on land since I'm a pack rat, but it's a bit different at sea. I rely on e-mail for communication since my hands have become too lazy to write. I've put my journal entries on a Word document as well as all my bank statements, financial records, and projects. This relieves me from constantly keeping extra paper around. Well, my world came crashing to a harsh reality the other day. My computer is sick and I don't know why. It has eaten my AOL program and I can't find it. It seems to have gotten better in the past 24 hours (I hope), but once and a while I'll hear that all too familiar clicking sound indicating my computer's hard disk is having trouble doing something and whatever I'm working on will be lost. Who knows what programs it'll eat next. Luckily I caught it in time to salvage all my easy files and pictures on a little thing called a flash drive, but if my computer dies, all my music and big fancy programs will be lost. I'll be demoted from the personal use of my own computer to using public computers and scrounging for internet time. Oy!! The woes of having the luxury to have something so advanced to organize my things. It struck me on how much we rely on machines to help us with daily living. To make it simpler. Cars to get around, but now that's a burden since oil refineries are damaged and gas prices are soaring. What would we do without these modern things. Our generation is doomed if the power grid ever gets sick like my computer has. So, I'm off to Mexico with no phone reception, and now until I get an AOL start disc, I have no good way of communicating. I can still communicate, but it'll be slow. I've lost some of the e-mails I had saved to respond later. So, bare with me. I hope my computer cured itself. I'm crossing my fingers.

In other news I had a fabulous time in San Diego. I'm sorry I didn't connect with everyone while in port that day. It felt rushed as I was meeting my friends for lunch and just seeing people I haven't in a while. Then I had to get back to the ship, eat dinner, and go to rehearsal. Ahh yes. Rehearsal. It starts all over with a new girl dancer whose come on board to join us as a replacement for the girl who just left us. I loved San Diego. It was so nice. The weather was beautiful and the food was delicious. The company of friends of course was fabulous. If you don't hear from me in a while, just make frequent visits to the site. I'll do my best to keep you updates as we go around Mexico and through the Canal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home