Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Job Well Done

Carey, our Cruise Director, treated us to Pinnacle lunch today. It was so fabulous. I’ve never eaten lunch in there. She wanted to reward us for a job well done considering all the hardships we've been through concerning technical problems, injured performers, and special needs. I guess we’re doing well in the eyes of everyone way up to Bill Prince (head of entertainment at head office in Seattle). Our ship’s cast, I think, is one of the top in the fleet. Yay!! I say this only because Holland America head office in Seattle sent out a writer to see the standard of Holland America entertainment and they picked our ship and our cast. I guess he wrote the show Copacabana with Barry Manilow and they want him to write a few ship shows. It was a huge compliment. We’re also in for a big change too with the possibility of a new dancer coming in to replace one of our injured girls. The injured girl has been out on physiotherapy for 4 weeks now in Vancouver for her knees. The doctors are saying she should go home and our company is training a standby in the event she does have to go home. Boo! Our new F2 comes in November to replace Nicole. I’m very sad about that. So, bumpy road ahead. The lunch was good though. I had a strangely creamy onion soup which was fabulous, the Pinnacle burger (YUM!!) which was huge, and the fudge chocolate brownie (of course). I also had a Bloody Mary with the meal to wash it all down. A treat well deserved. I HAD to nap afterward since I didn’t get enough sleep the night before. It was a weird nap of strange dreams, sleep paralysis, and poor circulation. My arms kept falling asleep. These beds are just not comfortable. The mattresses are not only small, but very hard. I had a whole slew of dreams about the ship and various other weird things. I wonder what it all means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home