Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Monday, December 05, 2005

Vacation Ends Now...

I'm now sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport taking advantage of the free wireless and awaiting my re-entry into reality. The forces of fantasy almost kept me in paradise a little longer. When I arrived at the airport my ticket was supposedly mistakingly marked for December 1. Apparently I missed my flight by a whole weekend. The company made a small mistake in my travel arrangements. Oops. The ticket lady was able to fix it and there was space for me on the flight. Drat! Freezing temperatures here I come. I'm still looking forward to seeing my friends I haven't seen in over 6 months which is nice. Too bad it's the wrong season.

The final part of the cruise was exciting. Bags in the halls, costumes hanging all over the place with a mixture of funk and Downey freshness, and still last adventures. In Costa Rica a bunch of us went on a water rafting adventure. It was exciting indeed. We were warned at first that we would be going into level 5 territory and that we could die!! Sheesh!! Now that's a way to scare your panties off. We headed down the white water and hit our first whopper of a wave. It was thrilling and we made it!!! The rest of the trip was so much fun. I can't wait to do something like that again.
White Water Adventure

We all said our goodbyes on Thursday. It was a long and grueling day for me since everyone was leaving and I was staying in town for a bit. I had a nice drive up to Orlando where I stayed with an old college friend and went to the wonderful world of Disney the next day. I shuffled over to Tampa to see my San Diegan friends who were very pregnant now. She's expecting in Februrary. It was such a pleasure to see them again. They're father gave them a lovely home to stay in until she delivered that was the epitamy of a southern ranch. Right down to the moss hanging from the trees and the river going through the backyard. We spent a delightful day together strolling the beach and devouring food. It was lovely catching up and sharing pictures of the past 6 months. I made it back to Orlando where I got to spend more quality time with my college friend and his partner. I'm glad everyone's doing well and I hope to see them again.

Now I'm off to the wonderful world of snow. NOT!! I've become such a snow bird. I'd get away from it if I could, but the money and friendships that I need to catch up on are in NYC right now. Off I go into the wild blue yonder out of the warm clear skies of Florida and into the gloomy and busy ones of NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home