Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Rat Race..

Yesterday I got my call to go to work. Finally. I was getting a little nervous. Although, the work may be out of my league a little. I was set to go in today to work for the Bloomberg Group. The Mayor's company!! Well, I take the subway. It's crowded as usual. The rat race begins. Everyone shuffles off at Lexington Ave and it's snowing like mad. I'm in my best suit. I feel like I'm off to formal night on the cruise ship. I get to the building and go upstairs. I was overwhelmed at the sight of things. A man greeted me (whom I thought was my contact) and he was just leading me in to show me the coat area. A welcome person. Then he lead me to the enormous pantry where you can just freely take whatever you wanted. It was like a small drugstore. I kid you not. There were TVs everywhere showing the various news stations. A film shoot was happening which looked like some sort of talk show. The floor I was directed to was all glass. LOTS of light. There were scrolling headlines going across the various shaped and size bulletins. Stock information and the like. I was overdressed for the day seeing that it was a snow day and casual Friday. People were in jeans, some in nice pants, but sweaters and casual shirts. Oh well. At every desk there were 3, yes 3, flat screen monitors hooked up to a computer terminal. Whoa!! All the offices were surrounded by glass. Not walls. Glass. I finally sat down with the manager and we discussed a little bit about what I'd be doing. I filled out some paperwork. Done. I could go home. I begin the trial period on Monday. I'll see. If this works out, this will be a great experience and diversion to keep me busy and pocket some money until March before I go to Europe. I'll need that supplement to survive here anyway. Plus I'll need to take class and go to the gym once and a while. Don't want to lose my figure. LOL. Also there's a lot of Broadway to catch up on. The NYC bustle has already captivated me. I'll be ready for the relaxation again come March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home