Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Staying Fit...

In my efforts to keep up the rigorous activity I had on the ship, I joined Bally's. Thanks to my cousin, I have a cheaper rate through Ohio than I would if I had joined in NYC. It was lovely because I didn't know she had a Bally's membership and she offered her help. I thought I was going to be bugging friends about helping me out with the friends and family special. Instead, I just had family. Anyway, I'm proud that I actually followed through and went to the gym the whole week as if I were on a ship doing my workout. The only difference was that it was A LOT more crowded than it was ever on the ship. Especially at the time I went. On the ship everyone was gorging themselves at the buffet or in the dining room around 6:30pm, but in NYC that's prime time for working out especially just after the new year. Oy! So it's been a month and some weeks since my last vigorous work out on the ship. After the first couple days it felt great. My body felt better and I felt good about staying fit again without letting myself go before I got to rehearsal. Then I started to notice the pain. The biggest was after my chest work out. Oh my God! I could barely take on and off my jacket the next few days. I'm sure it'll get better now that I'm back into it. This will definitely make the transition easier from this break into rehearsal again. Hopefully when I go into rehearsal I won't be going through all that soreness like I did last year. I'm going through it now when I don'have to jump around for 8 hours in a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home