Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Family In Town..

Within a week of me being in L.A., my dad was able to jaunt up to L.A. from his desert home in Arizona for a day trip. Literally he flew in Sunday morning and flew out Sunday evening. It was a great visit as we scooted around L.A. for the day. We went up to the Hollywood mountains to see the infamous sign. We saw Hollywood Blvd. and all the stars of yesterday and today imprinted on the famous marble sidewalk. We walked by all the famous landmarks and had lunch at the Santa Monica Pier. It was all the L.A. tourist stuff that I never did in my many visits to lala land and while I was even living in San Diego only a few short hours away. My dad even took a short trip up the scenic Highway 1 to Malibu. It was an exhaustive day and we ended at the apartment where all the guys thought I had a pretty hip dad. It was great to see him since I don't get to Arizona as much as I get to Ohio (and that ain't much either with my schedule). I know my dad secretly wishes one day I'll succumb to the warmth that Arizona has to offer and move there, but I must say with truth that even though my grass roots lie there (I was born in Tucson), I MUST be near water. Hello! I'm an Aquarian. It still puzzles me why this is an air sign since I LOVE being by the water. Hence the cruise industry, duh! Lol. Anyway, one day maybe I'll be bicoastal and my dad will get to see me as much as my Ohio family does. Which in actuality right now is only 2 times a year at most. Ahh the life of a gypsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home