Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One Night Only...

Well I was supposed to get on board the Noordam tonight for a wonderful evening of friends, entertainment, and free food and drink. I was foiled by security though. Evidently someone was on their high horse tonight and shut down the operation about 8pm. No more visitors were allowed on after 8pm. I arrived at 7:55pm. I was frustrated with security and both my friends were inaccessible due to preparations for the shows. I finally got through to my friend Nicole, and she asked to hang around until the end of her show and she'd see what she could do. Well I did, but she must have gone up late and came down late in her show because I didn't hear from her until I gave up and left. I was sad. Security sucks sometimes. There was one guy who was willing to help me out if I could get someone to verify I was on the list, but getting in touch with someone was difficult. The other guy (his boss) was giving no head room. He was definitive in his answer and I was not happy with him. I guess he just had a bad day of drunken and slap happy partying travel agents. My friends said they had problems getting them off the ship this morning, so this security action probably stemmed from that experience. Oy! I'll see her tomorrow possibly and if not at least 3 times in Rome. I'll be working with Chris again so I'll be seeing him soon. However it's the point of it all. I expected to see them tonight and I couldn't. I'm thankful I got to see one of her shows and the skecth group he was helping with in performance. I at least had one night of good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home