Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Happy Place..

It's always a pleasure when I can revisit a happy place in my lifetime. San Diego is one of those places and I was just there this past weekend. The people are lovely, the weather is beautiful, and the atmosphere is relaxed. It was a time where I could really reflect, grow, and strengthen without the craziness of life surrounding me. Don't get me wrong. I love NYC for lots of reasons. San Diego is just special to me in more ways since I feel I was able to accomplish things there I wouldn't have been able to if I went to the city straight away. Also, I met some fabulous people down there. I went to visit some of these friends of yesteryear who are now settled in their beautiful home in Carmel Mountain with their energetic new puppy. They are such wonderful people and I'm always happy to see them again. I also got to see another friend of mine in a show at the Lamb's Players Theatre. He's doing well and the show was fabulous. I knew more people in the show than I thought I would. It was great. Ahh the memories. San Diego keeps changing every time I go there. Not physically. Just going down there people have changed or moved on. My other fabulous friends have moved out. A couple moved down to Florida where they got married and now have a beautiful daughter. I had the pleasure of meeting them last December when I was fresh of the ms Zaandam with Holland America. Another pair moved to Kentucky! Quite the change from San Diego and even California. My best friend is now up north in the snowy portion of California where's she's performing with Sierra Reperatory Theatre in Beauty and the Beast. I didn't get to see her this trip since she was up north, but I'll see her this weekend. She's getting married this December so that means another trip to San Diego and a big reunion to celebrate that joyous day. I always feel refreshed whenever I can revisit those happy moments and memories. It's great to have those places as life pushes forward taking on its many changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home