Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Off To See The Wizard...

Just over a year later and my adventure actually begins in Los Angeles. The tornado called Lufthansa will be taking me on my next adventure to Europe (and hopefully my luggage will be underweight). Last year about April 12 I was leaving NYC for my first cruise contract in 5 years. The last ship I had performed on was back in 2000. Oh those were the days of travel before settling in beautiful San Diego. I had a fabulous cast that got through a strange string of unfortunate incidents on my ship last year. It was an odd experience and I even found love on board. We all parted in December and my love and I became separated, but 4 of us would reunite in a new cast and I would see 4 others along the way (8/10 in the 3 month break is not bad). Of course with all the replcements our cast was more like a cast of 20 by the time we were finished, lol. Now, I'm with a new group of people. We all get along fabulously. No huge disagreements yet that I know of. The waters look calm. Somehow the air is different though. We aren't as tight leaving lala land as we all were in the last bunch. The ship will be a true test of our bond. The chemistry on stage is fabulous, and when we hang out as a group it's wonderful so I don't believe that this trip will weaken anything. It's just not as easy. I will still see Europe to the fullest that I can. I may even see an L.A. friend along the way since she may take a trip to either Greece or Denmark. We're pulling for Greece so she can hop to Rome and Monte Carlo as well, but she has family in Denmark, so that may be a better option. Needless to say I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I lost a little sleep over it, but I'll make it up in the 9 hour flight (OY!). I'll have many pictures to take, places to see, and new people to meet on board. We have 1 show that we really love so far (unfinished) and 1 show we really hate. The other 2 just fall in the middle somewhere. The Rotterdam cast motto is this: When asked "What shows are you doing?", we respond "WE'RE GOING TO EUROPE!!! WOO HOO!!" For those of you who want to call, just flip the switch on your computer and write me an e-mail. I won't have phone service again until October. I'm off to Oz so look here for fabulous adventures and pictures (of course abbreviated pictures since I took 1,500 on my last contract). I'll be back in reality when my ruby slippers take me out of fantasy land in October. Ciao, Auf Wiedersehen, Au Revoir, Adeus, До свидания, Adios, Vaarwel, Αντίο.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home