Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tortuga/Turtle..

Today we were in Georgetown, Grand Cayman Island. As with all turnovers, it was a lovely sight to see from the ship. Well, actually I did go out for an hour. It was Sunday, so everything was pretty much closed except for the tourist locales. This would've been a fabulous day to hang out at the beach sipping rum punch and enjoying the sun. There are after all 7 miles of beach to enjoy here. I got out and tasted some rum cake, bought a bottle of Tortuga vanilla rum and headed back to the ship for rehearsal. This is what it will be like for a while. Rehearsal comes first. The water here is so gorgeous. First of all you can see down pretty far since it isn't so polluted. It was so clear I couldn't believe it. When you get out deep it takes on a hue of blue that was so refreshing an amazing to see. The Caribbean may be just a beach place and a few pirate stories, but the water and beaches are a great escape. I hope there are beaches like this in Sydney 'cause I'm feeling a little deprived and teased now. We cross the equator soon and I was informed of the ceremony already. I'm a little concerned. It involves cloths I should wear and be ready to throw away, food poured all over us, and kissing a big dead fish. Ewww!! I guess it's the standard for all Polywogs (those who are assigned this part in the ceremony since they've never actually crossed the equator before). I'll probably do this ceremony twice, but only once as a Polywog (thank God). Bye bye Grand Cayman for now, Puerto Limon Costa Rica is next. I have in port manning (that oh so lovely duty), but I may be able to scurry off for a bit. Rumor has it, it's not as enforced on this ship. Woo hoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home