Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Autumn Calling..

I've been in New York City now for just over a week. I've been working to get my life into a little 5'x5' garage unit over by the La Guardia Airport. Yes I travel so much it's time to take the burden off my friends and move into my own place at Public Storage. It will be a weight off my shoulder I'm sure. Also just trying to wrap up business here, see friends, and make use of my now active gym membership. The week was a little lax just catching a drink or dinner here. The weekend was my busiest yet. It started off with my good friend Thomas out here in Forest Hills. We just had drinks at his place catching up on good times, politics, and laughter. As well as making fun of why Halloween 3 makes no sense and has no connection to ANY of the other Halloween movies. What a load of garbage that was, but good times for poking fun at. Reminiscent of an old college favorite called Mystery Science Theatre 2000 where this man and his robot would host. A movie would come on and at the bottom of the screen you'd see their silhouettes and hear their voices as they slammed the movie being projected. It was kind of funny most of the time, but that's what we were doing to Halloween 3. Just tearing it apart and then laughing heartily to Joan Rivers' comedy show. She's hi-larious by the way. On Saturday I spent the day to myself before meeting my good friend Brooke for a grueling Yoga class. Ashtanga to be exact. Whoa. Talk about strength and flexibility. I soon learned that I had none despite all the trips to the gym, lol. We came back to have a good ole singing session, briefly, before I ran off to a party in the city. It was a fun social party where I met old friends and made some new ones. People came in and out in costume from other parties since it's so close to Halloween (although we were told not to wear one). We partied until the wee hours despite the fact we agreed to be up to meet some people for a day of apple and pumpkin picking on Long Island the next morning, but alas it was hour back night. Woo hoo!! I STILL went to bed around 3:00am AFTER the time change. Whoa. That's 'cause the damn trains were local that late at night. Yuck. So the next day was an eventful day of fresh air and happiness. Although it wasn't so happy for one of my friends who stayed out later than I did at the party. He made his efforts though and I HAVE to commend him for that one since I know how that feels. He couldn't hold his hangover at one point and relieved himself out of the side of the car while we all heard his pain. He left the car unbeknownst to our driver who pulled away. Two of us thought she was just getting away from the sound and giving him space. Then she pulls out into the street and begins driving away. The two of us were confused. She gathered herself and remarked "apple picking?" We commented on how we just couldn't leave our friend behind no matter how sick they were. She was suddenly struck with surprise at the thought he was not in the car. She didn't know he stepped out. It was a hilarious moment for us. Guess you had to be there. It was a brisk and sunny day in the orchards and patches though. We got 2 full pecks of apples and 2 good-sized pumpkins. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pancakes, and pumpkin delectables. Yum. No these are not for carving, but for cooking. I also had a great pumpkin soup out there and while on our non-hay hayride we came up with a couple haiku's for the day, as I will recite them now:

I see dead pumpkins
Sprouting O'ER the grassy knoll
Too bad they're all dead

Hayride together
Bumpy roads along the patch
Cool Breeze billowing

The day was so much fun and at points I just burst out into laughter simply because. It was just the right kind of people. We all need laughter not only for a good workout, but to keep us sane even in the most difficult times. I think the highlight of the day had to be the orgasmic corn that we had before heading out on the non-hay hayride. It was so sweet and delicious and the butter was just oozing off the husk. YUM!! I crashed on the drive back before we ended our journey with a lovely stop to the Baja Fresh. Just a little taste of California here in ole New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home