Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Vacation's over. Time to WORK!

Okay. So today (meaning Tuesday because our schedule was 4pm-midnight tonight) was a harsh awakening. So far we've been working through the shows and yes I HAVE been dancing. I'd say about 32 counts here, 16 counts there, another 32 counts there. Meanwhile the dancers are working their fannies off dancing for a straight 2-3 minutes per piece. I did this rocking dance combo and I was complaining about soreness. That was NOTHING. I started out today just lounging around as the female singer/dancer was working with the dancers on a hat and cane combo to "Razzle Dazzle." Everyone was sweating and I was chillin' with the other singers making jokes, studying now and then, going over small bits. Then it was my turn. It's the Tommy section of our Broadway show. The choreography started easy, and then we went to dinner. YAY!! Well, vacation was over starting at 9pm this evening when the dancers joined my section. Once my solo was over, I was a dancer. Boy was I a dancer and this was L.A. choreography. Brittany Spears on crack choreography. Funky hip hop moves and strong and fast contractions. My bucket started to overflow with each dance step. The highlight came when our birthday girl, Stephanie, shouted out "Jesus Christ" as I was being lifted in the air in the form of a cross. Had to be there I guess. It was a hysterical moment. The guys grab my arms, the girls support my feet and back. At this point I guess is the religious moment of the piece where everyone becomes fanatical about Tommy. Oy! Tomorrow we keep chugging along. I'm not in the dance numbers they're learning, so it'll be a big review day for me. If I can move that is. I'm not looking forward to the Seven Brides section of this show. Yikes!! Hey, but at least I see about 5-6 more pounds coming off me this week. Fabulous!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home