Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Friday, April 15, 2005

Sunny/Hazy L.A.

After a long day of flying and physicals, I got settled into my new abode where I will be sleeping the next 6 weeks. The cast of singers seem really cool upon first impressions. We all hung out the past 2 evenings watching the American Idol drama on TV at day’s end. I can’t believe Nadia got booted. Sorry Shaker Heights, but Scott Savol has got to go. The first day of rehearsal was a little nerve wrecking. I was told that there’s some new politics happening throughout the company with the singers. They seem to be cracking down on the strength and quality of the singers. So, I was a little nervous. We met with the coach yesterday and it was great. He has the reputation of being a hard ass, but he was just very passionate about getting the style across in the music so the producer would be pleased. I felt like he was watching out for us so we didn’t have any troubles in front of the head of entertainment. The 4 of us sound great together. It was a very positive environment as well as a very nurturing environment. So far this looks like it will be a fun gig. I received some great feedback on my video submission today so that made me feel awesome. The coach has been giving great feedback and that’s been feeling good. No time for writing yet. Just enough time to rehearse and socialize with the cast. Lyrics, lyrics, lyrics. They’re building a show on us here and it looks to be a lot of country. Our cast is very harmonic and blends well, so we may have a lot of good harmonies. I can’t wait.
No pics will be posted for a while. I have to get some blog advice. I can’t seem to post at the moment. Not that I have anything interesting to put up right now, but it’d be nice to have my headshot up here. =) TOFIFAY!! That was random. Time to go until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home