Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Free Beaches..

Santa Monica Pier

Sunday I was walking on Venice Beach with my friends Gladys, Michael, and Kristi. At the time, I was just enjoying the beautiful weather, the relaxing atmosphere, and East Village mixed with Chelsea Piers atmosphere. After further reflection I realized that "Hey, I didn't have to pay $6 to walk on the beach!!" Yes folks. EVERY beach in California is FREE to the public. It's not as much of a rare commodity as it is in NYC. Yes, there may be some suffering on the 405, the 10, or the 5 freeways before you get there as far as traffic, AND you must have a car to get there, but the weather is so nice that you can pick any day to go. It's not a rush to soak up the sun because it's the only bearable week to go or the only sunny day. They're also not that crowded because it's an everyday staple here. 365 days a week with maybe a week or two where the wetaher is too cool or too crappy to go. The downside is the smog. That's about it. The air IS a little thicker out here than on the east. ANYWAY, enough comparisons. You do need a car around here to get from place to place, so that's a little difficult now for a developed New Yorker. However, my mind has been so full of dance steps and lyrics that it really doesn't matter. I can walk to the mall 3 miles away (equivalent to 30 blocks) and major groceries and necessities are right down the street. A Forest Hills of L.A. Believe it or not I'm not actually sleeping in Inglewood, only rehearsing there. The apartments are located in Westchester, CA which is only a 20 minute walk to the studio, but far enough from Inglewood to be deemed safe. Just like parts of Brooklyn. All is going well though. A little sore still, but moving along and very happy to be performing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home