Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Change...

The year is winding down. Another year gone. Another new beginning. Hopefully 2009 will bring change in so many ways in my life as well as the lives of everyone across the globe. We have new leadership in America. Companies are now more focused on green energy. A new air powered car looks to be coming out in 2009-2010 that could change the oil economy in a heartbeat. It's a sleek design, small, and AFFORDABLE coming in only around $18k. Check it out:

AIR-POWERED CAR

The company claims the car gets 75hp, up to 96mph (way more speed than we need to be driving), and 100 MPG!! ONE HUNDRED!!! You won't have to worry about filling up the car until after 800-1,000 miles of drive time! The 8-gallon tank runs on regular ethanol based fuels or even biofuels for the upcoming changes. I hope in 2009 we come up with more energy efficient ideas like this one. I already saw a local company at home running their electricity off solar panels. We are growing to get away from the pollution that is devastating this precious planet.

Speaking of being home, now that the holidays are over and the travel has ceased for the time being, I'm kind of feeling the slump that usually accompanies leaving a cast after a contract. I got a little choked up the other day as I packed the car with all my things and new things for the apartment. I realized that I was leaving the comforts of home and now really embarking on an adventure that I should have had eons ago, but now accomplishing at 35. Once I left the cruise ships in 2000, I left on a great new adventure to the west coast, but with someone who was very familiar to me already. I soon became very adapted and later we moved to NYC. I was still sheltered because I was with someone who had all the comforts of home and we just moved it. Now as I come to NYC, I come alone. I have friends here yes, but I go to my own apartment where I have to provide things I once had, but no longer have because I'm on my own. When I come home, I come home to a roommate, but often I come home to an empty apartment. I thought this would be nice, but I crave the company of someone just being there sometimes. At the moment, I haven't a job since I'm auditioning to get one and taking classes to refine my craft. It can be a little unnerving when I'm used to working all the time. So when I was about to pull out of the drive last Sunday with all my wares in tow, I realized that my unsheltered life was about to begin. The holidays were a wave of memories with meeting old friends over Thanksgiving for a get together and going through all my stored things at home (pictures, old dishes, etc). I remembered the simpler times when all I had to worry about was getting to a Singing Angel concert, studying, or even in college just getting involved. Now that I live on my own without assistance, my retirement plan in the works, and budgeting for future endeavors, I make that transition from the simple life to real adulthood. I'm thankful I don't have children to think about at the moment, so it kind of still "feels" like college. My friends though are getting married and having kids all around me. It's kind of freaky. Especially when I look at the old photos and see and remember those times rather than the current ones. I call New York my home now, but I'm starting to yearn for the non-vagabond life. I give myself another 5 years in this business. If things don't turn out like I hope, then I will refocus on a more family lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home