Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Journey to Prague...

The journey continues. I'm now on my train to Vienna, Austria first where we'll take a break and then off to Prague in the Czech Republic. After leaving the Blue Café in Venice I strolled up to the area where the internet cafés were to do some catching up. Afterwards I strolled the streets looking into the various shops. I wanted to buy some things here, but decided against it for now since I had no way to transport it and I was heading on a long and questionable journey to Prague. Questionable meaning I'd never taken this trip ever and wasn't sure how the cars would be or the trip itself. After being in the city for only a day I was able to navigate the streets by now on visual cues. It was exciting. Just by looking at a building or seeing a particular sign or piazza I knew exactly where I was in this labyrinth of old world buildings. I guess it's like the rat in the maze. It leans how to get to the cheese and then remembers how to get there based on visual cues. Although I don't consider myself anywhere close to a rat. I wound down a bit since I've been walking so much so far. My cavs are going to be awesome after these 2 weeks. I bought my tickets to Pisa after I get back from Prague so I can catch my flight there to London. My original plan was to do Verona, Tuscany and Florence, but Prague being so expensive from Amsterdam I decided to take this route since it came highly recommended for scenery and such. I strolled through the labyrinth again grabbing yet another slice of flat pizza and after picking up my bags at the hostel I enjoyed yet another 2 scoops of home made gelato. Yum!

I got to the train station and patiently waited for my train to show up on the board. Nadda. So, since I got there so early and my OCD was kicking into high gear, I went to information to inquire. Aha!! It was a train first to Vienna, which I didn't know. Austria. Wow. So I get on the train and there are 4 bunks. I'm on the top bunk. HIGH!! It's so high it almost goes over my head!! I hope I don't roll out at night. If my fellow travelers don't show up (two were supposed to show at the first stop and they're no shows and I'm expecting one at the next) I will take the bottom bunk for sure. I guess I get breakfast in the morning since they asked if I wanted coffee or tea with my breakfast. Wow. The car is no larger than a standard train car. I'd say about 6 feet wide by 12 feet tall. It has the capacity for 6 bunks!! This was set up for 4 bunks. I'm on my way now. I wonder how the night will progress this time. I'm tired so I should go out real fast.

Good luck so far. I've been on the train now an hour and no roomies. I guess I'm missing out on the social aspect of this trip, but like I said before, if I were meant to meet people I feel they would step into my life. I love the friends I have and made and it would be great to make new ones, but I won't seek them out. I've been doing okay on my own thus far and I'll see some familiar faces in a few days, which I'm totally excited about. I hope to party with some friends who are disembarking in Amsterdam from the ship and staying for a while as well. The social part will come, but the journey has been solo so far.

I had a pretty good night sleep, but it wasn't the best. It got cold suddenly in the night and all I had was a sheet. Brrr. I wonder if it's cold outside. I'm typing now at 8:30AM and rolling outside of me is the Czech Republic. This was just like being on a cruise. Sleep the night away while you travel. I think the only day I'm going to lose to travel through all of this is September 3 when I make my way to London, but even then I'll have about 3 hours to spare in Venice again. I think this was planned well. Especially this trip. Hello. Fifteen hours on a train. That would suck if it were a day trip sitting in a seat. A night train with a bed was the way to go. My luck ran out some time in the night. A roomie came in around 11:00PM, which is fine. It's only 1 person, but he's still asleep and I'm done sleeping. That's what sucks about roommates and I'm glad on my next 6 month contract I won't have one. My passport was stamped twice already. Once in Austria and another as we crossed the borders into the Czech Republic. I can't wait to see what lies ahead. I hope this guy wakes up soon so the lady will serve our cabin breakfast. I bought some snacks yesterday so I already nibbled on those. I did a little freshening up and now I'll just watch the countryside roll by. So as I was freshening up I noticed my one knuckle got hit 3 times, then along my thumb, and on my upper thigh. Those little mosquitoes. Ooooh! How I hate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home