Chris' Waves to Broadway

The crazy thoughts and adventures that take me out of my Forest Hills home and hopefully lead me back to the Broadway lights.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beach Bound...

I realized today that I am destined to be settled in a warmer climate. Yesterday was thrilling as well as refreshing. Everyday is refreshing come to think of it. The sun comes out most of the time providing me with essential "happy" vitamins and warming the air around me. As I got off the ship today the birds were chirping in nearby trees as a calming warm breeze brushed through the air. I was in my shorts and sandals and love how the air crosses by my ankles on such warm days. I had my sunglasses on and had no worry of freezing rain or wind chills. I walked through CuraƧao at a casual pace on a day in winter that felt like it was early summer and thoroughly enjoyed my time out. I also love just lazing about on deck letting the sun warm me up. When I think of most of my friends and family to the north putting on layers of clothing to withstand the wind chills and cold temperatures I shutter in disbelief. I know I will have to face it for a few winters. All that extra clothing that bunches up when you go out to dinner or see a show. The cold feet as I have to put on many layers of socks to keep the dampness of the slush and the cold out. The cloudy and crisp days. The sunny ones are nice, but your nose runs when the freezing air hits your face and your eyes water icy tears. Your face becomes burned not by sun, but by the harsh breezes that scrub your face cold. No way. I like putting on cool clothing and going out without a jacket or even just a light one for those cooler evenings. I like walking around in my sandals and occasionally having the sand brush through my toes. Winter? Bah humbug! I could have spring and summer all year round. Especially on a beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home